Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memphis- German Commissary





This little eatery is located on the nice side of the tracks.  Excellent service with a real hometown feel.  Music was a little too loud making it hard to have a conversation.  Overall the food was very decent.  The pulled pork was better than most and the sausage was excellent (I wouldn't expect less from a German inspired restaurant).  Beans and cole slaw was pretty standard.  The addition of a deviled egg and a peppercini, brilliant.  They have a nice dry, sprinkle type BBQ seasoning that reminded me of the seasoning on Lay's BBQ chips.  Sweet tea was very nice, but a little on the sweet side and not as much brewed flavor as Lexington BBQ tea.  You get to keep your plastic tumbler- excellent marketing- every time I drink from my cup, I'll remember the Commissary.

 Germantown Commissary

2290 Germantown Road, Germantown, Tennessee,

38138. 


www.commissarybbq.com

No comments:

Post a Comment